|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience advocating for customer needs.
- Experience with distributed, columnar, and/or analytic oriented databases or distributed data processing frameworks.
- Experience with open source distributed storage and processing utilities in the Apache Hadoop family and/or workflow orchestration products such as Apache Airflow.
- Experience with machine learning technologies particularly developing and/or training models or implementing solutions which rely on using such models.
- Experience in data analytics, warehousing, ETL development, data science, or other Big Data applications.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP concepts, and Unix/Linux basic administration and commands and Web Technologies.
- Ability to speak fluently in Chinese (Mandarin), Korean and/or Japanese.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
Our Technical Solutions Engineers step in and manage customer challenges in addition to providing level two support to our other Support teams. You will be a part of a global team that provides support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud.
In this role, you'll troubleshoot technical challenges for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, documentation updating, and coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and to use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes, and documentation. You'll help drive the business growth of Google Cloud by recognizing and advocating for our customers’ challenges.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage customer issues through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of investigation tools to increase productivity for customers on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported challenges, and building tools for faster diagnosis.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve potential technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Identify customer challenges and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams (i.e. Product Management or Software Engineering).
- Work as part of a team of Engineers/Consultants that globally ensure 24 hour customer support. This will include a need to sometimes work non-standard work hours or shifts, including weekends.