|Location:||Auckland, Bay Of Plenty, Canterbury, Otago, Waikato, Wellington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
About the role
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Bid Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for bid and tender submissions across our core business activities and beyond.
We currently enjoy an enviable position in New Zealand as a leading provider of maintenance and operations services in the Roading, Water, Power, Rail, Telecommunications, Open Spaces, and Facilities Maintenance sectors. Our Senior Bid Manager will play a pivotal role in helping us to realise our business growth strategy. You will have relevant experience to provide:
- Professional bid management services for a wide range of strategic opportunities
- Creative and innovative flair to develop winning concepts and solutions
- Assistance with opportunity capture planning with key internal stakeholders.
You’ll bring with you strong project management skills and the ability to drive the end-to-end bid strategy and proposal development. With well-developed business acumen and the ability to think and act strategically, you’ll have a commitment to quality and continuous improvement. Critical thinking is also essential, and you’ll couple this with the demonstrated ability to build and maintain key stakeholder relationships.
You’ll also bring with you:
- A proven track record of managing the end-to-end tender process for strategic opportunities
- Have experience in the construction industry, whether it is vertical or horizontal, we want to know that you understand the sector
- Have worked closely with both local and central government clients, so you have an in-depth knowledge of their procurement processes
- Superior proposal and business writing capabilities
- A passion for working with and leading diverse teams to develop winning strategies and proposals.
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You will be given a chance to work on projects that will help shape the New Zealand infrastructure landscape. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 573716.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.