|Location:||Karratha, Mardie, Perth|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
We are current seeking an experienced HD Fitter to join the Downer Mining team on the SINO Iron project at Cape Preston, located 100kms south west of Karratha, in West Australia's resource rich Pilbara region.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for maintaining and servicing a variety of mobile plant equipment including dump trucks, shovels and other ancillary gear.
These are permanent positions; however, casual rates are also available for the right individual. All roles are FIFO from Perth, operating a 2:1 roster consisting of a week of days and nights.
- Trade qualifications in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Fitting
- Previous experience with the Bucyrus- MT 4400, Liebherr R9800 Shovels
- Valid Driver's License
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining and servicing large scale earthmoving equipment in a mining situation is essential
- Strong team player and solid communication skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion to be part of a great team culture
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive rates
- Secure full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and well-being benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
Downer promotes a healthy work/life balance which includes on-site living facilities including modern en-suite rooms and quality meal services. This is an exciting opportunity to join Downer on SINO Iron Project at Cape Preston.
To register your interest in this opportunity, apply directly via Seek , the Downer Career page or contact Melanie Greenfield directly to discuss on (08) 6212 9523