|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to engage a Cyber Security engineer to conduct analysis and review activities including:
- Conduct capability and concept development in context with technical security.
- Conduct security requirements analysis and development.
- Conduct security design and implementation.
- Conduct V&V.
- Support the security certification and accreditation process.
- Plan and deliver engineering services, regulatory compliance.
- Resource management and project outcomes.
- Conduct reviews of contract deliverables.
- Support and/or undertake internal cyber security assessments of the Enterprise and associated environment.
- Implement technical requirements for the certification and accreditation of systems within the Enterprise.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of documentation to support cyber security.
- Develop and support the cyberspace worthiness of the Enterprise and associated systems.
- Service providers are to employ industry best practice when undertaking the Services.
- Review, evaluate, and/or provide input into the various plans, procedures, technical documentation and system review materials identified above.
- Attend identified meetings and provide reporting and review input.
- Will be working within a classified space in HMAS Harman.
- Services are to be provided by personnel holding tertiary qualifications in a relevant computer science, networking, engineering, or a related field, and experience in, and practical knowledge of, security management, as defined by the DSPF and other the Defence security policies.
- Services are to be provided commensurate with relevant Australian and International standards, regulations and Defence requirements.
- Experience working with Federal Government cyber security.
- Effective communication skills both written and oral and a strong ability to work across multiple skilled and geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to present and discuss information clearly and concisely.
- Undergraduate qualifications in cyber security or related field (e.g. Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics/Computers/Communications/Networking), Bachelor of Information Technology).
- Experience with secure communications systems in a military environment.
- Postgraduate qualifications in systems engineering/requirements engineering, cyber security or related field.
- Experience working in support of military operational communications systems.
- An experienced Cyber Security Engineer with Defence experience who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- Understanding and experience of Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in collaboration with other like-minded team members and adjacent project teams (also delivering a variation of the system);
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV2 level).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV2 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.