|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
About the role:
Downer Defence Systems is looking for a Senior Project Manager with Defence experience to provide leadership and management of a multi-disciplined team. The successful candidate will be ideally have technical skills and previous experience in network engineering.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Schedule - develop and manage Life of Type (LOT), sustainment and funding schedule for supported capabilities as per agreed templates.
- Risk – understand and manage risks/ issues related to the capability and ensure they are documented in accordance with organisational requirements.
- Budget- bid for funding requirements every FY to ensure work forecasted in sustainment cost model can be achieved. Manage allocated budget and resources in accordance with approved Procurement Management Plans and allocated monthly phasings, including monthly reporting via the authorised systems.
- Procurement - responsible for the conduct of simple and comprehensive procurement in accordance with Commonwealth Procurement Policy and Divisional/Branch/SPO processes. This includes but not limited to drafting of Endorsement to Proceed (EtP), Section 23 (s23) and AE 643 documents.
- Contract Administration – understand and administer contractual arrangements which may include coordination of Contract Change Proposals (CCP), correspondence, invoicing, deliverables, schedules, performance management (KPIs/SHIs/OPMs), dispute resolution and contract payments and invoicing.
- Contractors - manage below and above the line contractors including but not limited to leading contract status reviews, conduct performance reviews, and day to day management, including security access and invoicing.
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS (if applicable)) – Manage FMS cases as per approved policy.
- Engineering - apply established technical, operational procedures, practises and project management methodologies which may include but not limited to engineer management (ECP), configuration management, security accreditation, safety case development.
- Logistics- manage and coordinate ILS requirements through the life cycle of the capability this may include but not limited to supply chain management in accordance with the ESCM, conduct through life support of the capability.
- Security- understand the policies and processes that govern Security Accreditation. Be familiar with the security accreditation requirements of the systems you manage. Ensure all systems meet accreditation requirements and remain accredited until EOL or disposal. Understand the impacts that changes/ upgrades to the system or base line have on accreditation.
- An experienced Program Manager who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Able to identify risks and opportunities and take account of these in planning, decision making and priority setting.
- Ability to sustain effective relationships with stakeholders, including Capability Managers, contractors/suppliers and end users. The ability to communicate with influence and negotiate effectively is key.
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To register your interest hit "Apply now" or contact Jason at email@example.com for more details.
(Please note: Downer does not accept applications via email)