|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Software Engineer - Data
The successful candidate will be responsible for the full life cycle of business information delivery and support. Starting from engaging with business stakeholders to elicit/clarify requirements and understanding the business needs through to building and delivering data solutions to satisfy our business information needs. Along with supporting the data deliverable in both our on-premises and cloud environments.
This engineer should be a specialist in data integration, modelling, ETL, data warehousing architectures using Cloud platform and development tools.
- Write code that is easy to read and maintain, with consideration for non-functional requirements
- Have a mind for quality, leveraging the best in testing practices to deliver working software, every time
- Continually develop your own capabilities, keeping current with industry trends
- At times you will need to operate in ambiguity and determine the best course of action in cooperation with your team
- Encourage knowledge sharing and the adoption of common practices
- Contribute to the effective adoption of continuous delivery practices
The successful candidate will have:
- A desire to learn and contribute to all aspects in software delivery
- Demonstrated experience in data processing frameworks like Apache Beam, Apache Airflow, Apache Kafka.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding of cloud data platform and services like GCP dataflow, Google Cloud Storage, Bigquery, Firestore, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in programming/scripting languages like Java, Python and T-SQL.
- Understand system reliability, resiliency, scalability and fault tolerance / recovery
- Good understanding of software design principles and patterns
- A drive for incremental, continuous delivery within an Agile environment
- Experience working within Agile organisations
- Participation in community events such as meetups or conferences
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Our technology stack: Google Cloud Platform, Apache Beam, DataFlow, cloud storage, Stack Driver, Kafka, OpenShift, Python, Java, Big Query, Informatica.
We're Australia’s Most Recommended Bank, we have a casual dress code, a great work culture and opportunities for career progression and development. In addition, we offer staff discounts on home loans, gym memberships, health funds and more.
How to apply
Are you up for the challenge? Click "Apply Now" to submit your application!