|Job Type:||Full Time|
Head of Supplier Relations
Leading the Supplier communications strategy for Buying and Replenishment and overseeing the Communications and Events team, as the Head of Supplier Relations you will plan, drive and deliver the Supplier Communications Strategy and supporting campaigns.
This role is responsible for driving supplier engagement programs and developing new tools, methods and avenues for communicating key messages and updates, and will work collaboratively across all business units. As the Head of Supplier Relations, you will evaluate opportunities for sponsorship, partnership and recognition among our supplier community and will ensure concise messaging is delivered to our Supply Partners, whilst establishing and maintaining strong relationships.
About the Role
Supporting the General Manager - Delivery & Support in the definition of their strategic supplier engagement plan, the Head of Supplier Relations will drive the engagement and communication agenda across the organisation and provide thought leadership to the Delivery & Support team.
Remaining close to customer sentiment, market movements, policy and government changes, acquisitions, strategic partner’s organisational and structural changes, the Head of Supplier Relations is responsible for preparing appropriate communications, articles, press releases, keynote speeches and responses on behalf of the Buying Director / Buying and Replenishment team.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Event and Communications team, working cross-functionally across many business teams to deliver high quality events, communications and in-store merchandising activities;
- Remain current on external influences that the Buying and Replenishment team need to be aware of and manage messages / responses accordingly;
- Stay close to customer sentiment, market movements, policy and government changes, acquisitions, strategic partner’s organisational and structural changes and prepare appropriate communications, articles, press releases, keynote speeches and responses on behalf of the Buying Director / Buying and Replenishment team
- Evaluate opportunities for sponsorship, partnership and recognition among our supplier community.
Leading a team of 7 people, who partner with the Commercial team and work cross-functionally across many business teams to deliver high quality events, communications and in-store merchandising activities, you will demonstrate strong leadership qualities, including motivating, developing and coaching team members
You are experienced in the creation of media, press releases, social media messages and formal communication mediums that have proven to positively lift awareness and sentiment, and have a proven track record of working to deadlines whilst building strong and sustainable relationships.
Additional skills, capabilities and qualifications will include:
- Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or related field
- Demonstrable skills in creating new and innovative ideas to drive meaningful and memorable engagement and experiences
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and editing skills
- Exceptional ability to influence and negotiate outcomes
- Project and event management skills
- Ability to balance mid to long term strategic plans as well as day-to-day tasks
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Want to hear more? Apply via www.wowcareers.com.au or alternatively connect with Tara Collison on Linkedin #LI for further information. #Work180
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You