|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering and development consultancy that offers a diverse range of opportunities for our people to work with World Expert Practitioners on both small and large scale projects.
With offices in more than 150 countries, our global reach means that we tap into our expertise and resources from across the world. It also means that you will be amazed at the career development opportunities on offer to you.
This is a unique opportunity to support the Regenerative Design Lead to grow regenerative design as a consulting practice in Australia, the Asia Pacific region and globally. The ideal candidate is a holistic systems thinker who has had exposure in applying regenerative principles to large scale projects and has both conducted and applied research. The role requires a background in either a design field such as architecture, urban design, placemaking or in ecological systems thinking with familiarity with biophilic design, biomimicry principles or indigenous design and design for country approaches. The role requires a creative, out of the box thinker who can help develop systems and processes to implement regenerative and biophilic design on a range of projects within infrastructure and buildings. The role includes the creation of visually compelling material that can translate ideas to a wide range of audiences, developing trainings, creating toolkits, conducting research, writing reports and white papers, and assisting with the implementation of regenerative design strategies on large scale infrastructure projects. The role includes being able to understand engineering and architecture drawings/masterplanning documents.
Reporting to Amanda Sturgeon, the role is Sydney based with Asia Pacific and global reach. It offers the unique opportunity for you to learn from an expert in the regenerative design field and help expand and scale regenerative design thinking and its implementation on projects.
* Conduct and apply research on regenerative design
* Assist with the development and implementation of a regenerative design framework for infrastructure
* Assist with the development and implementation of a biophilic design framework for the built environment sector
* Develop training materials (using powerpoint) and assist with their delivery
* Write and edit white papers, reports and create visual interpretations of complex information such as diagrams, charts and info graphics.
* Support the implementation of regenerative design strategies and processes on projects, communicate with project teams and follow up on progress.
* Assist with external outreach, the creation of proposals, presentation of ideas and concepts
* Support the development of internal training programs to build expertise in healthy buildings, regenerative design and biophilic design.
At Mott MacDonald we foster a supportive and collaborate culture. The Regenerative Design Advisor role will encompass the above responsibilities in addition to connecting to the climate change and social outcomes practices within APNA.
What we want you to bring to the role
* Experience with implementing regenerative or biophilic design principles at the building, infrastructure or urban planning scale, (at least 5 years)
* A track record of using systems thinking to solve problems
* A demonstrated passion for Design for Country and ecological systems thinking
* Demonstrated research skills in regenerative thinking and/or biophilic design
* Exceptional communication skills
* Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and in-design
* A willingness to be innovative and explore new ideas that may seem impossible to others.
And it's not just rhetoric when we say we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We take positive steps to create an inclusive culture because we know diversity makes us.
Like what you read? Send in your application and let's talk.