|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
Laing O'Rourke is recruiting an all rounded Systems Analyst / Infrastructure Specialist to be based in our Perth office which will report to the Operations Team Leader located in Sydney.
This role requires travel to our projects in and around Perth as well as remote parts of WA to assist with project setups from the ground up. This will include but not limited to Network, Server, Video Conferencing and AR/VR.
Some interstate travel may also be required from time to time.
As part of the Information Technology team a primary part of your role is the implementation and support of a broad range of systems to our users across Australia. Other responsibilities include:
- 2nd and 3rd level support of all systems including desktop server and infrastructure
- Hyper-V 2016/2019 administration
- Nutanix AHV
- Implement and document Microsoft based systems
- Maintain a secure networking environment by monitoring and reporting security breaches and any unauthorised data access
Demonstrated experience working on various technologies across a number of technology platforms and be driven to continuously learn, improve and develop.
Laing O'Rourke’s IT team prides itself on their strong customer focus so an approachable ‘can do’ attitude is a must to thrive in this role. Other requirements include:
- Strong Windows server skills
- Dedication to customer service and business enablement
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent organisation, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders across the business
- Good understanding of change management processes
- Current Australian driver’s license
- Office 365
- Relevant industry qualifications or tertiary degree – MCSA / MCSE preferred
- CISCO experience or qualification
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.