|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Endeavour Group ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmaster wines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
As our Information Security and Compliance Coordinator you will be responsible for the performance and optimisation of service management processes supporting the Endeavour Drinks business through technology services, in a way which ensures the compliance, reliability and availability of our services.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating regular penetration tests for numerous systems across the group
- Track & report on risk mitigation activities across numerous product and operations teams
- Coordinate vendor onboarding assessments
- Coordinate and track audit activities including planning activities, scheduling of resources, leading auditsand leading audit mitigation activities across group
- Collaborate with process owners and Asset Managers to develop, manage and maintain the required policies, procedures and guidelines to manage risk
- Collaborate with security & operation teams on WAF processes & management
- Work closely with Security Operations teams and coordinate security related activities required for several systems across the group
- Use agreed frameworks and approaches to identify areas of improvement and design target state processes
- Contribute to delivering ways for our teams to manage risk, control, and regulatory requirements.
- Consult, provide advice and guidance to ensure that Technology is enabled to manage risk in an informedway.
- Provide risk insights and a forward-looking view of risk for Technology.
- Identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies for the portfolio
You are an enthusiastic and positive contributor with a self-directed and self-motivated attitude who can deliver outcomes without the need to direct the work yourself..In addition to this you will have an in-depth understanding of technology service practices in a business context (including ITIL), operations and business processes.
- Demonstrated experience in Cyber Threats,Systems Availability and Recoverability, Systems Scalability & Quality Assurance
- Strong analytical and statistical capabilities
- Sound communication skills (verbal and written),interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work autonomously as well as contribute as a valued team member
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks,which have competing demands
- Contribute to continuous improvement within and across the portfolio
- Build collaborative relationships
- Excellent collaboration skills with an ability to see the bigger picture and past problems to solutions.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Display passion for & responsibility to customers and partners
- ITIL V3 Expert certification.
- ISO20000 experience
- ISO27001 experience
- Degree in IT Discipline or equivalent in years of progressive experience in enterprise level IT environments
Joining Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You