|Job Type:||Full Time|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Lawyer/Senior Associate to join our Public Sector team located in Canberra on a full time basis.
Working closely with Alexandra WedutenkoandChris Davis this varied and exciting role will see you work with clients including government agencies, private sector bodies and NGOs on complex legal transactions.
This busy and varied role will see you have the opportunity to:
- Work on a broad range of high profile:
- ICT and complex procurement (Including vaccine & major capital equipment procurement) matters as well as strategic transactions including contract management
- Intergovernmental agreements
- Corporate structuring including governance advice
- Cyber security & data security
- Act for government agencies and the private sector
- Develop your client relationship skills through various client secondments
- Provide advice under the guidance of industry-leading practitioners
- Draft a variety of contracts, agreements and memoranda across a broad range of requirements
- Provide advice on strategic structuring for transactions
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 5 years PQE
- Proven experience in procurements or major projects
- A strong work ethic
- Strong commercial drafting experience
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; required for building client relationships and maintaining a positive team environment
- A team player with strong time and project management skills
- An ambitious and focused determination to take your career to the next level
- A passion for and experience in coaching, mentoring and supervising more junior lawyers
In addition to this, we're looking for a resilient, self-starter. Someone who is able to work autonomously and is focused on attention to detail and providing an outstanding service to their clients.
The Public Sector team
Our National Public Sector group is widely regarded to be the premier private government practice in the country and has a wealth of talent and experience within the team.
The team helps Commonwealth and State Governments with some of their most interesting, significant and technically challenging programs and projects. We use our skills to solve complex legal problems, assist with the development and implementation of program strategy, and inform policy development.
For further information, please visit our Public Sector showcase page on LinkedIn.
How to Apply?
We prefer to work directly with candidates, if you are interested in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or contact the consultant, details below, for more information. Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements, please feel free to discuss your flexibility needs with the recruiter for this role.
Consultant Contact DetailsCamilla Baker, (02) 9353 4605
Accessibility and Inclusion
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. Do you require any support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application? If so, please contact the recruiter via the above telephone number or via email to email@example.com.
Clayton Utz does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Clayton Utz Recruitment Team. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to Clayton Utz partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and Clayton Utz will not be liable for a fee.