Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero Contacts is a core part of the Xero product - it’s how businesses manage their customer and supplier details to be used in other key workflows like invoicing and bills. Contacts is essential for the Xero product to operate.
There’s some exciting work to do within Contacts coming up to modernise the technology and experience as well as ensuring we are focussed on solving the high impact Contacts related customer problems.
The team has re-established itself in our Auckland office after the product transitioned from New York last year. They are an enthusiastic and high performing team of product people, developers, and designers.
As our Product Manager, you’ll have the unique opportunity to lead our development teams to define and ship software.
This opportunity is for a 12 month maternity leave cover.
What are we looking for in a Product Manager?
- Experience as a Product Manager in a software company
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience with problem discovery and solution framing activities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Customer centric attitudeInclusive attitude and agile mindset
- Experience with cloud and/or SaaS products would also help
What you’ll do?
- Understanding customer problems; you will be the champion of the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ and deliver value through defining, driving and executing a product roadmap aligned with the Xero Contacts and Xero vision
- Bridging technical and business worlds as you lead strong and positive relationships with global business partners to understand and deliver on market needs and priorities, and evangelise the Xero Contacts vision
- Lead our product development teams, in conjunction with your product owner and specialist direct reports. You’ll also take active involvement in development team resource planning and recruitment
- Lead engagement with other Xero product teams to build alignment and delivery towards shared outcomes
- Working with strategy, product marketing, data and research teams to drive user and competitive research, in order to uncover customer needs and new product value propositions in line with Xero’s vision
- Working closely with your peers across Xero to deliver quality software with amazing user experiences that tackle real customer problems
- Cultivating a fun, creative and motivated culture that lives and breathes our Xero value
If you want to work with an internationally acclaimed, award-winning product right here in Auckland then this is the opportunity you’re looking for. We’ve got huge global reach and appeal, have a strategy in place for continued success and now is the time to be a part of it all.
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to develop in: we have a diverse and inclusive culture that we’re proud of. Whether you’re after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
We’re a big part of the development community and you’ll find Xero’s attending and speaking at conferences, hosting meetups or mentoring students. We’re really open in our discussions at Xero, from the latest product management thinking to improving diversity and inclusion.
At Xero, we encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. We trust you to build to the best of your ability and will support your real passion for continual learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish.
As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more fun than elsewhere.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.