|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Opportunity to be part of an agile team who are passionate about enhancing customer experience
- Genuine career development, flexible work arrangements & fantastic employee benefits
- Norwest Support Offices in Bella Vista
About the Role
As part of the Planogram (Micro Space) Optimisation team, the Specialist will play a lead role in the continued space optimisation of products within planograms. Working alongside the Merchandisers, you will be responsible to build action lists in the planogram generator capability that deliver customer driven, insight-led store specific planograms.
As we continue to differentiate our brand, you will be part of the exciting journey of transformation within the Group Micro Space team, as we introduce new capabilities and data driven innovation to achieve our strategy of offering a localised range to every community in Australia.
Managing key internal and external relationships, in particular our buying partners, operations, Ranging Analytics, Micro Space Merchandisers and S&I
team to deliver the most optimal product space allocation through the use of rules/action lists.
Key responsibilities but not limited to:
- Creation of category specific planogram targets ensuring maximum space optimisation is achieved.
- Creation and governance of any applied action lists, ensuring category strategy, operational metrics, merchandising guidelines and continued optimisation is reflected in the output.
- Support, identify and offer solutions to all relevant stakeholders to enable efficiency and tailored range through the Planogram generator capability. Working closely with the team to identify unique category complexities and provide solutions though action/rule sets builds.
- Planning and workload management of all Micro Space controllable milestones, dependencies and activities within a range review. Ensuring regular adherence to review timelines in collaboration with various teams during rollout.
- Conducting pre and post review analysis as well as other additional data insight requests.
- Manage day to day relationships with all relevant stakeholders, ensuring a high level of collaboration is developed and maintained across the business.
- Provide insight though the use of Quantium, Buying insight, JDA suite of tools or any other relevant databases.
- Focus on continuous improvement and identification around areas of opportunity.
Your customer centricity will be key to your success in this role, placing the customer at the centre of decision making and focusing on delivering solutions that meet the needs of customers. You will have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to see others perspective, and will have the courage to take calculated risks. Your success also relies on a high level of curiosity and experience in Retail/FMCG, working with planogram/merchandising systems, strong stakeholder management, communication and problem solving skills as well as the ability to translate technical concepts into business language.
You are proficient in administrative systems (such as SAP, JDA, Planogram Generator desired not essential) in addition to software suites such as Google and Microsoft (essential).
- Strong communication skills - you clearly articulate and explain information and ideas through a variety of media, to both individuals or groups in a manner which engages and conveys meaning.
- Planning and Time Management - you are able to organise, schedule, monitor and control work ensuring effective use of time and resources to meet objectives.
- Influence & Initiative - you are able to influence a wide range of stakeholders to achieve business goals, taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Resilience & Adaptability - you move past failure or disappointment with grace, ensuring you’ll be more productive with future tasks.
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.