|Location:||Kapiti Coast District, Manawatu-Wanganui, Wellington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Reporting to the Operations Manager of Major Projects you will also be heavily involved in method development and tendering of other civil projects within the region. This position is a permanent role and will be part of the senior leadership team for the regional business.
You will have extensive civil infrastructure experience and sound practical project experience, be highly responsive and appreciate the need to move quickly.
To do this you will have:
- Minimum of 5 years + Project Management experience, tertiary qualified
- Excellent project management skills coupled with strong organisational and planning skills
- Sound financial project management skills and competent in robust cost to complete processes
- Leadership skills
- Strong subcontractor management skills
- The ability to programme and plan work which includes interfaces with several different parties and work collaboratively
- Preparing site reports, proposals and impact assessments
- Managing, directing and monitoring progress during each phase of the project
- Strong communication and relationship building especially with sub-contractors
- Reading designs mandatory and knowledge ability with CAD an advantage
- Experience and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Project and quality management systems
- The ability to stay calm under pressure, connect the dots and be innovative in your approach
- An understanding of HS&E processes and legislation in a project environment
- Solution not problem focused
In return we offer:
A commitment to enhancing your skills and grow your career. As Downer have a large national and international presence, when you join Downer you are setting yourself up for a very solid career ahead.
To apply use reference number 573088.