Last updated a minute ago
|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Responsible for providing operational support to the Human Resources Business Partner team to support the delivery of people programs and projects. This role also supports stakeholders and provides guidance on policies and support with navigating through Human Resources "HR" operational queries.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Provide support for questions, issues, and problem resolutions on services
- Perform activities in Workday and HRIS systems. provide analytics
- and data review for HR specific projects, prepare information for audits as needed.
- Answer routine employee, HRBP, and former employee inquiries relating to HR
- Prepare HR Dashboard for monthly FBO update
- Drive any mandatory training or system updates or participation for L&D programs and manager roundtables/ Lunch and learns.
- Work with HR OPS to create Jira tickets following any reorganization and ensuring the right information is being updated in Workday by HR Ops
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors as needed (e.g. planning for team offsite events or special events)
- Co-ordinate and support key projects and year-end processes
- Support managers on People related queries related to mobility, compensation, recruitment, and performance issues.
- Prepare documents or presentations as needed (e.g. confluence pages for the team, keynote decks on vital signs results, etc.)
On your first day we’ll expect you to have:
- Demonstrable experience supporting an HR team
- Human Resources/Business related qualifications
- Demonstrated experience working with HR Information Systems and reporting
- Critical thinking and data analysis skills with success in working collaboratively throughout the business to support solutions
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to run multiple complex challenges and prioritize projects
- Strong partnering and coordination skills in a highly matrixed organization
It’s great, but not required if you have:
- Worked with large client groups within a fast-growing company
- Bachelors degree
- Previous experience working in a large technology organization
More about our team
On the Atlassian People team, we use an analytical, data inclined approach to tackle problems, build programs, and help Atlassians constantly improve upon how they work. You’ll work with a team that partners with business and technology teams to ensure our employees are innovating at their peak, leading teams and guiding their amazing people.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.