|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) mission is to enable every company to be a digital business. We focus on driving customer outcomes through Digital Transformation and Modernisation. Within MCS, the Adoption and Change Management and Modern Service Management (ACM & MSM) Practice helps customers with the adoption of Microsoft Technology. We focus on digital culture and both the business and IT people and process changes required to complement the technology and bring about full value for an organization.
The MCS ACM & MSM Consulting Practice are seeking an experienced IT Service Management Consultant to join our team.
Are you passionate about IT Service Management and the cloud? Do you have experience with Microsoft technology, and a passion for process and optimization? To find out more about Modern Service Management in Microsoft, please have a read of this article - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/msm-for-azure/
TheIT Service Management Consultantspecializesin Cloud automation, governance and operations for Microsoft’s enterprise customers.This role worksacross Asia / APACtohelp IT Departments adoptmodern technology fields such as Azure; DevOps; and Cyber Security. In a world of consumption-based economics (driven by cloud and devices), technology usage, consumption and adoption are the new currencies.
The IT Service Management Consultant role delivers high quality Service Management solutions for Microsoft enterprise customers across all industries. Consulting activities can range from helping define and refine Modern Service Management processes; reducing risk by analysing the underlying non-technical reasons for IT service failures; and delivering expert guidance for Service Improvements. The role achieves this by working with customers to further develop and enhance their Cloud IT Service Management strategy and capabilities, with a focus on enabling customers to understand and realize the opportunities of Cloud and the impact on people and processes that migrations to the Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) can bring.
This is a senior roleand requires candidatesto have at least 10+ years of IT Service Management in a consulting environment.To be successful in the role youwill needrecent hands-on IT Service Management experience across several disciplines, including but not limited to Azure; DevOps; and Cyber Security. You will also need experience in transitioning IT services to Cloud service providers.This is an external facing consulting role with Microsoft’s Enterprise customers. It is essential you have experience working as a consultant in a project-based structure and you can demonstrate the ability to achieve results through influence.Certification in ITIL® v2 Service Manager or ITIL® v3/4 Expert is a prerequisite; or ITIL® v3/4 Foundations with proven experience.
Please note –When COVID-19 travel restrictions lift, travel will be an integral part of this position (50-70% of therole) as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. In the meantime, remote delivery will be leveraged. Candidates need to be able to accommodate both.
- Deliver high quality consulting solutions centered on Modern Service Management for Microsoft Enterprise customers.
- Effectively work within project-based delivery teams, with an ability to influencea variety of stakeholders, ranging from C-Suite level to line management.
- Quantify the needs of the customer to achieve value outcomes; champion required methodology; capture/reuse IP; and share recommended practices.
- Contribute effectively to the Adoption & Change Management (ACM) and Modern Service Management (MSM) Consulting Team in a proactive manner.
- Manage consulting delivery risk effectively and effectively contribute to project governance; including managing project scope, delivery schedules, and issue resolution.
- 10+ years of professional experience being in a consulting envrionment, with 5+ of those years in IT Service Management
- IT Service Management experience leveraging Microsoft technology, with expertise in the Azure, DevOps, and Cyber Security disciplines.
- Mandatory certification or accreditation:
- Certification in ITIL® v2 Service Manager or ITIL® v3/4 Expert; or ITIL® v3/4 Foundations with proven experience.
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner
- Familiarity with any or all of the following:
- Six Sigma methods
- IT Governance frameworks such as Cobit
- IT standards like BS15000 and ISO20000
- SCRUM, Agile, SAFe, Lean IT
- Microsoft’s Cloud Adoption Framework (https://aka.ms/caf)
- Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written & presentation skills
- Exceptional strategic planning skills to determine business requirements, develop customer strategies and develop plans to achieve the business requirements identified
- Experience working with different regional cultures and within a virtual global practice team
- Experience in project management for the purpose of managing the delivery of a consulting project is valued
- Fluent in English. Fluency in other languages relevant to the Asia / APAC region will also be highly regarded.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.