Last updated an hour ago
|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
At Atlassian, our mission is to unleash the potential of every team around the globe. To that end, we know that the best products are simple, usable, and accessible for users with a wide variety of specific needs.
The Atlassian Accessibility TEAM is growing and we are looking for a new customer support lead to join us! Can you turn empathy into action? Have you successfully worked with customers to define and deliver successful and scalable solutions around accessibility. If so, you may be the perfect fit.
Our new Support Lead will serve as our main customer point of contact to resolve accessibility related challenges with our products. We are looking for a customer liaison to maintain close communication with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of project plans according to specified objectives. The ideal candidate will have extensive expertise in accessibility standards and best practices. They will serve as our in-house accessibility subject matter expert responsible for ensuring that customer targets and expectations are met.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Extensive knowledge of accessibility standards and principles (WCAG 2.1 AA, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to identify accessibility alternatives and make contingency plans
- Proven customer problem solving skills
- Past success with delivering initiatives on budget and within specified timeframes
- Comfortable using and demonstrating assistive technologies like: VoiceOver, Switch Control, TalkBack, Dragon, NVDA
- Experience analysing, designing and developing digital platforms and services with the end user needs front of mind
- Experience and familiarity with software programming/scripting languages and interfacing with operating environments
- Proven experience communicating with software engineers in an agile environment shipping complex product designs
- Prior experience assisting in analysing, specifying and developing digital strategies and web-based methodologies
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
Experience with the following is preferred:
- Medium to large scale projects and resource management experience.
- Customer support experience.
- Accessibility SME with experience advising engineering teams.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.