|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno is currently seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to support our growing Infrastructure team. Cardno has been appointed to Main Roads WA's Engineering Technical Services Panel as well as PTA's Network and Infrastructure Panel, these panels as well as our continuing growth with Resources Sector, Local and State Government Authorities, Commercial and Urban clients provides the opportunity to work on diverse and complex projects.
Located in West Perth, you will be part of a social and dynamic office that values their people and communities. Our office is in walking distance to Kings Park and Elizabeth Quay, as well as being only a short bus ride to our Central Business District.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Project scoping and preparation of bids relating to specific road and transport engineering project pursuits.
- Overseeing and managing projects to ensure work output is of a technically high standard and activities are commercially viable for the business.
- Planning resource needs in consultation with Project Managers.
- Building and maintaining client relationships through effective business development.
- Mentoring and sharing your project experience with junior engineers.
- Actively participate in activities which develop and promote your career, that of your colleagues and the Cardno group.
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering combined with demonstrated 8+ years' experience within a civil infrastructure project environment (with specific exposure to roads and highways).
- Experience in lead roles providing high quality technical solutions to Australian major road authorities (Main Roads preferred) and civil contractors.
- Ability to demonstrate originality in devising practical and economic solutions to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to liaise with the team, managers and clients.
- Aptitude for leading and managing projects and teams to ensure work output is delivered to a high standard.
- Commitment to self-improvement and continuing professional development.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.