About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for new and experienced team members with a spark for the job, who enjoy working with a large and varied number of children across the primary years. If you are a committed Educator that is not afraid to get on the children’s level and engage in play to provide both the support and hands on activities that children need to thrive – We want to hear from YOU!
Uniting Early Learning are currently seeking dedicated Educators to join their team on a casual basis at Greystanes Uniting Church, Before and After School care. We want to continue to grow as a committed team of educators that provide a nurturing environment and quality programs that caters to the individual needs and interests of our children.
Who are we?
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and act to keep them safe. As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
- Certificate III in Early Learning (minimum), or enrolled and working towards a qualification in a similar area
- Understanding the importance of child wellbeing
- Knowledge of Mandatory Reporting
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- First Aid and CPR Certificate, or willing to obtain prior to commencement
What do I need to succeed?
- Motivated, and enjoys working with kids aged 5-12 years
- Mature and able to engage in healthy and positive relationships with school-aged children with a creative mind.
- Able to demonstrate a genuine love of working with and caring for children
- Reliable and consistent in meeting rostering requirements
- Capability to work with minimal supervision
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Willing to learn and grow
“We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe”
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Checks.