The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
Our Strategy and Transactions team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Diligence, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
Join our Transaction Diligence team and you will work with many of the world’s largest organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals in the global market. Through analysis of financial, commercial and operational data, our industry-aligned transaction diligence professionals add true value to clients, providing insights to key decision-makers that help them increase value, and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions. You will help to identify key value drivers, challenge assumptions about future performance, search for and advise on hidden value, and work with other EY service teams to deliver an integrated approach to our clients before, during and after the transaction.
Your Key Responsibilities :
- Analyse financial and operational results of targets through the preparation of various analyses by reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management, including finance, operations, human resources and marketing
- Prepare/evaluate pro forma financial information - assist in identifying issues for purchase price reductions, deal restructuring, or deal termination, assist management in identifying pre/post-acquisition issues and assist in preparing various reports and schedules
- Evaluate the effects of seasonal and cyclical changes on cash flow requirements and perform industry and company research
- Develop/maintain productive working relationships with client personnel, direct the progress of fieldwork, inform supervisors of the engagement status, and manage the performance of junior staff
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, business or finance, and approximately 2 years of related work experience
- Mergers and/or acquisitions transactions experience preferred
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and idea
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- An excellent working knowledge of MS Excel to develop financial models
- 18 months of relevant external audit experience in a public accounting firm