|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- SCritical role to lead BoQ on our journey of Digital Transformation
About the Role
At BoQ we have the aspiration to be a Bold, Challenger Bank and are currently going through an exciting period in our history were we are undertaking digital transformation and as such we are looking for a Head of Digital Design to join us and take BoQ through this journey where you will play a critical role as we build customer led design capability.
As our Head of Digital Design you will be responsible for the development and leadership of the bank's design and user experience practices. Reporting to the General Manager, Digital and Innovation, this is a highly collaborative and team-oriented role with the aim of elevating the quality and role of human-centred design, user research, user experience, service design and user interface design within the bank.
As a Digital Design SME you will produce and deliver exceptional quality strategic advisory and user experience design solutions solving customer and business problems within a complex digital transformation environment.
- Team leadership and mentoring
- Planning and prioritisation
- Customer centred design evangelist/ advocate
- Digital design direction on small initiatives, strategic projects and innovation pilots
- Comfortable facilitating user experience and design thinking workshops
- Quantitative and qualitative user research, analysis and recommendations
- Customer journey mapping
- Service Blueprinting linking experience to process and architecture
- Requirements gathering workshops and engagements
- Design systems development
- Produce work that is recognised by our peers as being best practice
- Produce advice and work that can be effectively and efficiently implemented
- Drive high level discussions on the role of user experience and design within the bank
- Develop strong working relationships with stakeholders within the Digital and Innovation team and more broadly across the business, that are proactive and contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence
- Be a catalyst for change
As someone who is focused on the bigger picture and can lead strategic projects across the bank and its sub-brands (Virgin Money, BOQ Specialist) you will have the ability to grow our internal capability to meet the bank's ambitions. You will enjoy to regularly engage in the execution of user experience projects and remain close to 'the tools' and have experience in both agile and waterfall delivery models.
With excellent presentation and facilitation skills you will bring your extensive knowledge in digital design, user experience, customer research, customer experience and/or service design roles coupled with experienced in human-centred design, lean start-up and design thinking you will be a nature leader with the ability to mentor, coach and develop your team to grow and develop in their careers.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.