|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the team:
The Risk and Compliance function in SMB is a newly formed team looking to accelerate activities to implement the Optus Risk Management Framework. We are fun, dynamic and high performing – working together to be the trusted advisors to our stakeholders.
About the role:
Your primary responsibility will be to provide advice and support in all matters related to risk management. This role will ensure that all business-related risks are identified, assessed, reported, remediated and monitored effectively, within the Small and Medium Business (SMB).
Key accountabilities of the role will include collaborating with the BU team to implement the Optus Risk Management Framework, to support the team to complete risk assessments and to design, implement and maintain an effective control environment with consideration to both efficiency and effectiveness for control design, verification, and testing.
Coupled with the above, you’ll also;
- Support BU team to design effective controls by providing input to the development/ design of business processes.
- Liaise with representative of Optus Group Risk Management (Line 2 Risk Function) to facilitate risk reporting and business continuity planning in line with the Optus Risk Management Framework requirements.
- Liaise with representative of Optus Group Internal Audit (Line 3 Audit Function) to facilitate the preparation of the Internal Audit Plan, the scheduling of Internal Audits, the BU’s input to Internal Audit Terms of Reference, the execution of Internal Audit field work and reporting.
- Support the BU to undertake risk assessment and impact assessments of change and improvements.
- Co-ordinate the monitoring of agreed management action status and reporting.
- Oversee the integrity of the data contained in the Optus Governance Risk and Compliance system for their respective Business Unit.
- Conduct analysis and prepare period insights reports into trends and exception to the BU’s risk management and compliance performance.
- Prepare reports and contribute in ways in which the Business Unit’s risk and compliance status and performance are transparent and reported at an organization level to contribute to an enterprise view.
To accomplish the goals set out above, you will need to work with SMB to assess business’ processes and ensure they are documented and updated by the relevant process owners, while at the same time ensuring separation of duties and accountability is maintained with the business.
This role will interact with a wide range of stakeholders including the internal Audit Committee, Business Unit Leadership Team, Singtel Group Risk, and external governing bodies.
You bring with you, solid experience working in a risk management, control, and compliance environment, ideally within a large and complex enterprise environment.
You possess strong capability of influencing a range of both internal and externals stakeholders of varying levels of seniority with the ability to perform in a high stress environment with multiple critical risks.
Additionally, you also possess the following;
- Understanding risk and controls standards such as ISO31000, COBIT, ISO27001 and other industry frameworks and best practice standards large, enterprise risk environments with Line 1 risk experience
- Demonstrated experience in using risk tooling to undertake required reporting and governance activities.
- Ability to interrogate a process and identify critical risk
- Measuring and prioritizing work queues or risk mitigation strategies according to value matrixes
- Ability to merge and analyse data sets from multiple internal and external sources to draw insights
- Possess a self-motivated and flexible approach to work
- Ability to facilitate workshop & work towards required outcomes
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.