|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Deliver exceptional legal advice with a strong commercial and strategic understanding
- Vast exposure to high value contracts
- Be part of a collaborative and supportive team
Our Group Retail Services Legal Team forms part of Woolworths Legal Services Team and provides thought leadership and professional and independent legal advice that specifically addresses the needs of our non-Retail divisions (Supply Chain, Procurement, Non-Retail Property & W360). Aspiring to the highest of professional standards and delivering great experiences by being highly regarded advisors and business partners. The team are outcome focussed and always aim to deliver exceptional legal advice with a strong commercial and strategic understanding.
About the Role
Due to an internal restructure, there is an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Lawyer to join our Woolworths Legal Services Team to support our Group Procurement team. The role represents a superb opportunity to use your commercial acumen and legal skills to provide strategic and risk balanced legal advice across Woolworths Group Retail Services divisions and gain exposure to the broader Legal Services Team and Woolworths trading businesses
You will be responsible for advising on a broad range of commercial matters, including:
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of high-value commercial agreements for equipment, goods, services, pilot arrangements and major projects with offshore and local suppliers, including equipment, goods & services agreements; international sourcing agreements; consulting services agreements; advertising supply agreements; pilot agreements; confidentiality agreements and other general commercial agreements
- Providing commercially sound legal advice on how to manage any associated legal and business risks and strengthen relationships with suppliers
- Managing and advising on commercial disputes (procurement focused)
- Working closely with the Procurement team to deliver effective support and advice as a key team member in RFP and competitive tender processes
- Helping us continually improve our processes and systems associated with good governance
- Ensuring compliance of service arrangements with all relevant law and regulation, including the Woolworths’ own policies
- Assisting with the development of precedents, training materials and deployment of training modules on legal developments and systems
We are looking for Legal professionals who are collaborative, passionate and who consistently strive for better ways of working. You will have:
- Bachelor of Laws with 2-4 years PQE with a well regarded law firm and/or in house experience
- A current Australian practising certificate
- Strong drafting skills and high attention to detail
- Able to prioritise competing demands and client expectations whilst managing a large volume of diverse matters
- Self-sufficient and self motivated with the confidence to work independently
- Capable of building trusted relationships with internal clients using balanced insights and impactful communication to influence decisions and actions
- A commercial approach and an ability to negotiate effectively
- A willingness to be adaptive to the businesses’ changing needs
- Able to anticipate and respond to changes in an effective way within a highly dynamic environment
- Resilient and collaborative professional who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Able to identify and solve problems and make the complex simple for clients by framing information and advising in a clear and concise way
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.