|Job Type:||Full Time|
A Fresh New Direction | Team Leaders | Mulgrave Location
- If you have the ability to lead, influence and motivate a team - this is for you!
- Career Progression - Work with a team that supports growth and career development
- Afternoon Shift (may include one night shift)
We are currently seeking highly motivated and passionate individuals to join our leadership team in the role of Team Leader. As a Team Leader, you will effectively lead and manage your assigned team to meet safety, operational, people, customer and financial performance expectations.
Additional responsibilities of the role will include, however not be limited to:
- Supervise the performance of a large team to meet production targets and ensure adherence to standard operating procedures
- Lead, motivate and engage team members by applying effective people management processes and practices
- Conduct team member assessments of competence against job standards and criteria
- Build and promote a positive and efficient team environment
- Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure housekeeping and safe work practices are adhered to
- Focus on the continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Ensure we exceed our Delivery In Full On Time and Error Free (DIFOTEF) targets
Who we’re looking for
Together with demonstrated success in a leadership role supporting a large team of people, you will bring to the table the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coaching and managing teams to meet objectives
- Understanding of DIFOTEF
- Strong customer first focus
- Experience in effective performance management
- Strong planning and problem solving skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Operations/Distribution Centre Operations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with the team and management.
- Exposure to warehouse management systems
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft suite
- Flexibility to meet business needs, including changing shifts and days as required
- Demonstrate resilience to meet challenging targets and timeframes
- Ideally you will also have exposure to Employee Relations or Industrialised Environment.
Please note, this role is based at MNDC (Mulgrave), however the DC is due to close circa 2023 due to the construction of two new ambient distribution centres in Sydney’s South-West.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
Woolworths Group is backed by some of Australia’s most recognisable retail businesses, there are always new opportunities on the horizon for all our team members, but most importantly, we’re all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion are important to us, and we work to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce that’s reflective of the communities we’re in.