The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
Due to growth, we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Consultant/Manager to join our Decision Science & Analytics team. You will be vital members of the team where you will be working on the most complex and high-profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. As a team, we are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in advanced analytics and operations who are strategic transaction advisers, enabling us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients.
- Manage and supervise a team of analytics professionals through all phases of the engagement lifecycle, including requirements definition, design, development, testing and post-delivery support
- Team with client to design and implement solutions. Lead and collaborate to plan engagement objectives and a strategy that addresses client needs. Manage expectations of service delivery; monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Identify issues and propose both strategies and technical approaches
- You will also be focusing on business and practice development as well as developing team members to achieve their goals
- Manage and execute operational focused projects supported by advanced analytics and insights
- A bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, operations research, industrial/systems engineering, business analytics or related data science and a minimum of 5 years of (or a master's degree and at least 3 years of) experience in using data, programming and mathematical techniques to solve business issues related to supply chain optimization, operations effectiveness, cost transformation, working capital improvements and other types of operational improvements (e.g., Machine Learning, AI)
- Prior experience with one of more advanced data mining tools (e.g. Microsoft Azure, SQL, Hadoop, Alteryx), programming language (e.g. Python, R, Java), visualization application (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI), and decision modelling tool (e.g. SC Guru, JDA, SASS, AIMMS, GAMS, Arena)
- Working knowledge of data management, data structures and analytic models
- Experience leading and managing in complex business environments
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
- Experience in strategy, operations research, supply chain, procurement and/or logistics roles
- PC proficiency including MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, VBA and MS Excel
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% on short notice
- A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role
- Prior consulting industry experience preferred
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry