|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Device and Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, who include OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to enable partners to deliver amazing innovative experiences powered by Windows.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners touch consumers, students, and businesses. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture that supports a growth mindset, equality, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
The DPS regional sales team, Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS), mission is to maximize the intelligent edge and intelligent cloud opportunity with device builders and device channel partners.
The Partner Technical Specialist role is a key partner role within DPSS focused on the Modern Workplace Teams devices go to market. This impactful role sits at the intersection of M365 & devices and includes capturing worldwide meeting room opportunity and enabling secure remote work with Teams devices. This role is central to providing technical enablement and sales support to ecosystem partners (OEMs, Distribution, Reseller, Integrator). You will have the opportunity to study industry and market trends and products to help build effective strategies to win partners and customers to Microsoft based solutions.
In this DPSS regional role, you will enable and support external sales partners to meet or exceed sales of Teams Devices in your assigned territory. You will also establish effective internal relationships with Marketing, Engineering, and Enterprise Sales to act as the voice of the partner on issues slowing adoption of Teams Devices.
You will develop and nurture Microsoft Teams Rooms Devices technical sales capability with partners (65%)
- Drive partner technical acceptance of and communicate technical merits for Microsoft Teams device solutions
- Deliver effective technical sales workshops, bootcamps, trainings necessary to build the skills and expertise of partners
- Provide enablement and technical assistance/escalation for Microsoft Teams devices to assiged resellers and their partners
- Join the Strategic Technology Advisory/Planning groups of partners they advise, contributing insights that influence technology roadmaps and investments in favor of Microsoft and away from key competitors
- Drive the long-term technical strategy and engagement with partners as it relates to Microsoft Collaboration devices solutions
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of sales resources, by (20%)
- Support Microsoft field sales teams including but not limited to Customer Success, ATS and TSP as the primary point of contact for Teams Rooms Devices for assigned territory
- Facilitate partner orchestration for partner led and/or co-sell Teams Rooms devices opportunities identifed by Microsoft
- Take joint ownership on large and/or strategic deals with partners to drive lighthouse wins, evidence and learnings
- Support partners with Teams and Teams Rooms devices technical subject matter expertise as needed – engage business group and engineering resources as required
You will keep knowledge current and deliver deep insights back to the business (15%)
- Continuously develop and expand sales (technical & channel), industry and product knowledge
- Understand the collaboration sales and competitive landscape, build insights and lead discussion on challenges and solutions
- Obtain domain specific technology certifications to deepen expertise/effectiveness (e.g. Teams, Skype for Business, Voice & Networking)
- Experienced. 5+ years of related technical and/or partner sales with preference to voice, communication, collaboration & AV
- Partner Sales. 3-5 years of demonstrated ability to scale through partner sales in a partner led or partner co-sell motion
- Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and determination to compete effectively against skilled competition
- Collaborative. Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales field, SIs, and OEM & channel sales partners
- Executive Presence. Effective engagement and influence with senior level business and technical executives
Technical Sales Leadership
- Technical depth. Enterprise-level Technical experience with design, configuration, migration and implementation of Office 365 Core (Skype for Business, Microsoft
- Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business) and voice products and services including Microsoft Teams Rooms and Skype for Business required
- Teams Devices & Voice architect. Experience and ability to explain key solutions and architectures, including Teams Rooms Device solutions (across all GTM partners), applications (Voice Call Control, Audio/Video/Web Conferencing and Devices, CDR, E-911, Voice/Fax and Voicemail), Enterprise Interaction Management, Work Force Management, Sales Automation, Contact Centers (ACD, IVR, CRM), and Application Integration Services (TAPI, TSAPI, JTAPI, CSTA, Programmable APIs) required
Networking. Knowledge of TCP/IP networks (PSTN, Wireless, IP), switches, routers, firewalls and protocols (SRTP/RTCP, H.323, H.263/H.264, SIP, REST) required
- Technical breadth. Enterprise-scale experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management; experience with Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security applications & services, Windows 10, and Teams Rooms Devices; and competitive product knowledge (Cisco, Zoom) preferred
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Certification in domain-specific technologies preferred (Voice, AV, Conferencing)
- Certification in the following technologies preferred: Skype for Business/Lync server, Teams/Skype for Business/Lync clients
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.