|Job Type:||Full Time|
Here at ING, our dynamic Consumer Operations team is growing, and are currently looking for a Late Stage Collections Officer; Mortgages, to come onboard. Internally this is known as Collections Officer (Level 3). You’ll be responsible for accounts in arrears in both secured and unsecured lending; including Credit Cards, Personal loans and Mortgages. Working in a fast-paced and high-volume environment; you’ll be the frontend customer liaison for all collection matters; both for outbound and inbound repayment queries. With the potential of having difficult conversations, maintaining a customer-friendly approach is key and in line with our ING values.
At ING, we constantly strive to foster growth, and therefore, we will support and train a motivated individual to add value to our Collections team.
What are you going to do? You’ll be…
- Receiving inbound and making outbound calls to customers, third parties and third party suppliers on a progressive outbound dialler
- Liaising with external stakeholders; for instance lawyers, on litigated matters
- Speaking to early stage customers for collection purposes, and negotiating payment arrangements; for Mortgages, Credit Cards and Personal Loans
- Assessing, reviewing, recommending and undertaking recovery action where appropriate; with both the Customer and ING best interests in mind
- Providing information and support to customers experiencing financial hardship
- Collecting applicable fees and default interest charges
What are we looking for? You’ll have…
- Extensive Customer Service experience; ideally within the Financial Services sector
- Proven experience handling conflicts, and respectively escalating to litigation
- Prior Collections and Credit environment experience; in the Mortgages space
- The ability to work under pressure, and effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- A deep understanding of litigation and legislatives processes in Collections
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- High attention to detail
- National Consumer Credit Protection (NCCP) and/or Certificate IV in Financial Services; this is desirable
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities. We would also be open to flexible working applications for this role, please just let us know as part of your phone interview.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you