|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Based in Rosehill
- Two-year contract
- ASX listed organisation
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
Due to continued business growth, we have a new opportunity for a Zero Harm Advisor to join an exciting new construction project based in Rosehill. Working closely with the project team this hands-on role site-based role will actively lead and ensure on-going compliance with statutory obligations whilst mitigating risk.
This role is a full-time (2-year fixed appointment) practical role requiring you to work directly on-site within the Downer project team. This role will have heavy interaction with project personnel, key sub-contractor business partners and installers, working collaboratively to ensure a safe and efficient work site to deliver outstanding outcomes to our project.
Exposure in the Civil Construction industry and /or Road maintenance space will be highly regarded as will the ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders, maintaining strong relationships with the project, operational and management personnel to achieve best outcomes.
- Diploma or higher qualification in Occupational Health and Safety. A QSA auditor certificate and/or training & assessment qualifications would be highly advantageous.
- OHS Exposure gained within a high-risk industry.
- Understanding of relevant Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and legislation as applied to the civil construction industry
- Exposure to mechanical plant installations would also be desirable to complement your civil experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to evaluate and implement Zero Harm policies and procedures and ensure project compliance.
- Well-developed people management skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence at various business levels.
- Strong computer and data analysis skills that extend to report collation and presentation.
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment, think strategically, considering both corporate and local objectives/drivers.
- Ability to conduct audits; investigations of safety issues and assist in developing improvement plans based on findings.
- Demonstrated ability to develop Zero Harm improvement plans to drive and promote proactive safety awareness programs.
- Prior experience with managing return to work programs in consultation with line management; liaison with Injury Management Team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Helen.email@example.com or phone on 0409 072 562
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.