|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmasterwines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
Here at Endeavour Drinks, we are embarking on our next generation of growth and we want you to be an influential part of it. Our family of leading brands are well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market-leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS as well as our Cellarmaster Wines and Langton’s businesses, our aim is to be the world's best drinks retailer.
At Endeavour Drinks, we know the expectations of our customers have never been higher than ever so it is important to us that our customer's experiences are intuitive and personalised.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, UX designers, and copywriters. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
- Three or more years of experience and proven track record.
- An exceptional design portfolio with a proven record of translating insight to design
- Experience as a UI Visual Designer with UX/CX skills and experience as well as design systems
- Ability to speak about your designs with clarity and conviction
- Strong understanding of how to effectively employ the design processes
- Experience working in an Agile environment with design sprints
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Knowledge and comfort working with wireframes, motion graphics, and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Quartz.
- Creative ideas with a problem-solving mindset.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Ability to build a design System and UI library
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters, and UX designers.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. colour theory, visual weight, etc.) as well as user testing and validation.
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Effectively communicate your designs to developers and other key stakeholders.
- Address product, marketing, and business needs.
- Conduct industry research and stay up-to-date on best practices, competitor UI designs, and emerging technologies.
- Conduct, observe and analyze usability testing sessions.
- Develop consistent, intuitive architectures.
- Support the QA team to make sure features are implemented as intended.
- Building a design system and UI library
- Working knowledge of responsive design and grid principles.
- Demonstrated experience working on checkouts or payment programs of work.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch (required)
- Experience building design systems
- Knowledge of HTML5, InVision, and CSS (preferred, but not required)
- Strong typography, layout, and visual design skills.
- Experience across website, IOS and android
- Working knowledge of industry tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, InVision, Sketch.
- Working knowledge of the ideation and creation of UI design deliverables: Sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, lo-fi and hi-fi layouts, prototypes.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive, independent working style.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Desire to learn and grow as a designer.
- Knowledge of responsive design and mobile UI.
- Have a habit of testing and iterating and constantly looking for feedbacks
- Ability to innovate and develop out-of-the-box solutions to complex user interaction problems.
What's in it for you?
- An attractive remuneration package
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our team members
We’re social! #WOWcareers through LinkedIn #LI , Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au #work180
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!