|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Canberra Public Sector group are seeking to recruit an experienced Legal Secretary to provide high level support to a Partner and a number of senior and junior lawyers. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity. In addition to the general day to day secretarial duties, this role will also be responsible for client reporting to major Government Clients.
In this varied and busy full time role you will be responsible for:
- Drafting, reviewing and preparing correspondence/documentation
- Managing all incoming correspondence, as well as providing a proactive and efficient approach to producing correspondence without direction
- File management as well as actively attending to email filing/management authors Managing telephones, electronic diaries and voicemail for team members
- Organising meetings and travel, including a proactive approach to reorganising commitments on a needs basis
- Manipulation of complex documents
- General accounts, reporting and preparation of monthly billing
- Have a flexible approach to providing assistance out of core business hours from time to time
- Collating monthly bills and providing to clients
- Preparation and completion of various weekly and monthly client reports
- Liaising with clients with respect to any queries/questions they have in relation to the content of the client reports.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Solid legal secretarial experience
- Experience in preparing monthly reports
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional document production skills including version control
- Advanced skills in Word, Outlook and Aderant (preferable)
- Proactive approach and first rate secretarial and typing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, in fast paced environments and be able to prioritise urgency of work
- Ability to work part of a team and have a flexible and adaptable approach
- Ability to anticipate Partner requirements to reduce administrative time.
In addition to this, we're looking for a resilient, self-starter. Someone who is able to work autonomously and is focused on attention to detail and providing an outstanding service to their clients.
The Public Sector Group
Our National Public Sector group is widely regarded to be the premier private government practice in Australia and has a wealth of industry-leading practitioners, talent and experience within the team. Our public sector (litigation) team advises a wide range of government agencies on some of their most complex and sensitive programs, from project inception through to transition and contract management. We use our skills to solve complex legal problems, assist with the development and implementation of program strategy, and inform policy development.
How to Apply?
We prefer to work directly with candidates, if you are interested in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or contact the consultant, details below, for more information. Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements, please feel free to discuss your flexibility needs with the recruiter for this role.
Consultant Contact DetailsEmma Tyson, (03) 9286 6682
Accessibility and Inclusion
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. Do you require any support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application? If so, please contact the recruiter via the above telephone number or via email to email@example.com.
Clayton Utz does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Clayton Utz Recruitment Team. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to Clayton Utz partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and Clayton Utz will not be liable for a fee.