|Location:||Rothsay, West Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. With established relationships and world leading insight, we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain Assets, Infrastructure and Facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Blasting Services (DBS) provides a full range of explosives products and services to the Australian open-cut and underground mining industry. As a significant supplier, DBS can provide Total Blasting Solutions to customers. Our five manufacturing plants supply customers across multiple commodities throughout the Australian open-cut and underground mining industry. DBS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Downer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced Mobile Processing Unit (MPU) Operators to join our Pilbara and Goldfields Operations on an 8:6 roster. This role relies on your competent ability to operate an MPU safely and productively. In addition, you will be focusing on building long term relationships with our Team and our Client, by endeavouring to always go the extra mile and living the Downer Blasting Services (DBS) values.
To be considered for the role you will possess:
- Experience safely operating MPUs within an open cut mining environment and knowledge of explosive materials capacity;
- A thorough understanding of the types and properties of explosives materials;
- Good knowledge on product mixing parameters and ratios, along with incompatible materials and methods of segregation;
- Strong awareness of emergency procedures and equipment associated with the loading and operation of an MPU;
- Knowledge of explosives discharge methods and requirements;
- Understanding of placarding and signage requirements.
WHAT YOU NEED
- National Police Clearance (Less than 3months old)
- Heavy Rigid Motor Vehicle Licence (HR)
- Dangerous Goods License (or equivalent) - Desirable
- SSAN Clearance
- Shotfirer's Ticket – Desirable but not essential
WHAT WE OFFER
- Attractive rosters
- Our Zero Harm attitude to Safety and the Environment
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
Please note: You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPLICATIONS