|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Engineering division is a market leader in the delivery of infrastructure projects. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer has been successful in securing and delivering a number of exciting large scale water projects.
To optimise on new opportunities Downer is seeking an experienced Senior HV Electrical Engineer to be based in our Sydney office on a full time permanent basis.
The responsibility of the Senior HV Electrical Engineer will be to take a leadership role in preparation of Substation and Industrial electrical systems design including formulation of plant layouts, schematics, panel layouts, equipment selection, reports and drawings to support the delivery of our projects both individually and as a part of a multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed engineering team.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering coupled with demonstrated experience in design and construction of large industrial and water Infrastructure projects.
- 8 plus years experience related to Industrial and/or Water and Wastewater plants HV/LV electrical detail design will be an advantage.
- Ability to develop innovative technical solutions to electricity infrastructure problems and to challenge existing solutions.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify innovations, realise opportunities and maximize value for money through the design process.
- A demonstrated capacity to identify, manage and mitigate the key design risks in order that they do not adversely impact on the project through its lifecycle.
- Highly developed skills in all forms of communication that enable effective interaction between management, employees, contractors and the ability to foster relationships with customers/clients.
- Well-developed commercial, business, financial, conceptual and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership that strives towards the commitment to Safety in Design and Zero Harm.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- An opportunity to work on large scale Infrastructure projects
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team
- Great range of benefits for our employees
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, however, applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.