|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader
- Suits a finance professional from an audit background
- High performing and collaborative team
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Regulatory Accountant to join the team, based in our Newstead office in the Gasworks precinct.
This position is within the Bank’s Group Finance division and is responsible for ensuring the Bank’s regulatory reporting requirements are met and that systems and controls are continually developed to ensure timely, efficient and accurate reporting to APRA and other government agencies.
The role will primarily focus on the regulatory reporting for the Banking and asset management entities with a focus on preparation of Economic and Financial Statistics (EFS) forms. The role will have some responsibility for management of staff and operational workflow.
The Principal Accountabilities of the position are:
- Manage preparation and lodgment of accurate regulatory reporting ARF forms to APRA with a focus on Economic and Financial Statistics (EFS) forms;
- Manage regulatory deadlines to external regulatory bodies (APRA, RBA, ABS). This includes the coordination of information with the various business teams, attaining supporting working papers and documentation, following up on any enquiries;
- Assist Manager Regulatory Reporting with reporting to Board and other committees;
- Assist with Financial Claims Scheme compliance;
- Act as a contact point for internal and external audit;
- Allocating and overseeing operational workflow for above items by broader regulatory reporting team;
- Being able to identify potential issues, devise solutions and communicate/escalate as necessary;
- Constantly improve processes and internal controls;
- Assist Manager Regulatory Reporting on advising impacts of Prudential Standards;
- Support the Bank through any new acquisitions and integration reporting requirements. This includes assessing reporting requirements, process design, determining data sources, system mapping and testing.
To be considered for this role, you should have the following skills/experience:
- Experience working within a bank in a regulatory reporting (ideally) or Group Finance role, or as an auditor in an Audit service line.
- CPA or CA qualified, or working towards the qualification is required.
- You will have strong relationship management skills across various levels of internal and external stakeholders coupled with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Your technical skills will include:
- Knowledge of APRA reporting standards (ideally) or knowledge of similar guidance such as accounting standards and ability to translate these skills to APRA reporting environment
- Spreadsheet and modelling skills and ability to adhere to and improve the control environment
- Banking, general accounting and business knowledge
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to understand, resolve and/or appropriately escalate complex issues.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career at BOQ, meet new people and join a motivated team of professionals!
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.