|Job Type:||Full Time|
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’ sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery. As such, we are looking to engage an System Engineering Lead to drive an inter-partitionsolution for the development of our the core Air Traffic Management System Architecture (TopSky NG).
- Lead the definition of an inter-partition solution according to customer requirement
- Support the streamlining of the development of the solution (and thus avoid ad-hoc implementation) by identifying key areas including:
- The different system modes
- The various synchronization principle when switching from one mode to an other
- The different type of data involved in this synchronization
- The communication mechanism involved in the synchronization of the data
- Define the inter-partition implementation including:
- TopSky NG deployment on each partition
- Identification of the impact on each TopSky NG components
- Definition of the ATM to ATM Interface Control Document used by the customer to size the inter-partition network
- BEng or equivalent appropriate degree along with over 5 years’ experience in development of real time and distributed systems in Air Traffic, Rail, Marine, Aviation or related industries.
- Clear understanding of systems engineering process and functional baseline management from specification writing, requirement analysis and traceability through to system level design/architecture/interface and requirements management.
- Knowledge in System Engineering tools such as DOORS
- System Modelling experience would be favourably looked upon
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!