About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking new OSHC Educators to join our team to work on a casual basis at Uniting Outside School Hours Care North Parramatta.
North Paramatta OSHC is approved for 70 children in the morning and afternoon, as well as vacation care. We are a set-up and set-down service in the grounds of Parramatta North Public School.
We are currently looking for a new team member with the right attitude, who has a passion to work with children and to provide the support that children need to thrive in. Previous experience working as an Educator in an OSHC setting is essential.
Who are we?
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and act to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- First Aid and CPR Certificate, or willing to obtain prior to commencement
- Certificate III in Children’s Services, or working towards your qualification as a Teacher (highly regarded)
- Identify and Respond to Children Certificate (desirable)
What do I need to succeed?
- Mature and able to engage in healthy and positive relationships with school-aged children with a creative mind.
- Able to demonstrate a genuine love of working with children or caring for children
- Capability to work with minimal supervision
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Willing to learn and grow
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Checks.