|Job Type:||Full Time|
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Systems Engineer in our team at Edinburgh Parks, SA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our Return to Site Plan here:
About the Opportunity - Work within the growing cyber security sector!
Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) is a product and services led unit within BAE Systems Australia that is responsible for the development of innovative solutions that support the secure transfer of data between networks. Focussing predominantly on our CDS hardware and software products, you will be working within a multi-disciplinary team and responsible for completing systems engineering related activities in a product-engineering environment and as directed by the CDS Product Engineering Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a defined pathway to an engineering leadership role. Ideally, we are looking for an experienced systems engineer with a hardware, software or ICT background to join this unique team to play a key role in the growing cyber security sector.
This opportunity will see you;
- Provide Systems Engineering support to the ongoing development and sustainment of our current catalogue of CDS hardware and software products
- Develop and manage system requirements and design including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, design documentation, component and interface specifications
- Perform system engineering activities including requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, verification and validation, acceptance testing and certification
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise to support CDS customer projects including; support to elicitation and refinement of customer requirements, support to system solution design and capture, support to integration, testing and V&V activities (where appropriate) and support to non-core engineering activities (Safety/Security engineering)
- Contribute to the implementation and use of ‘best practice' engineering standards, processes, methods, tools and thought leadership
- Support other project bids/proposals/opportunities appropriately while balancing CDS needs and priorities
- From time to time, support the Engineering Manager in developing and maintaining product engineering roadmaps,leading the co-ordination and delivery of CDS engineering effort and conducting regular assessments of current key strategic considerations
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- The ability to contribute to a positive team working culture
- Demonstration of high performing behaviours and a willingness to work in a dynamic product business environment
- Strong customer focus to ensure that CDS delivers on customer and internal business commitments
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated initiative to be able to work cross functionally and across business departments
- Formal qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline & Chartered Professional Engineer
- Significant experience in a relevant engineering discipline (ICT, Hardware, Software)
- Experience in systems engineering (in addition to the above)
- Australian Government Security Clearance to Negative Vet Level 1
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol