|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Throughout Australia, Alstom's objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions while creating value through innovation. Our company values of Team, Trust and Action embody the spirit of our diverse and entrepreneurial people. Employee empowerment is crucial to our success and we continue to strengthen our culture through a diverse workforce, promoting entrepreneurial spirit and a fundamental commitment to integrity and ethical business standards and practices.
Alstom has been awarded the PTA Australia’s $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the five diesel railcars that operate the twice daily Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
This is a pivotal role within our project reporting to the Chief Operations. You will be responsible for managing the daily shift production of the Manufacturing activities at the Bellevue facility on the METRONET Project for ensuring trains delivery on time, quality required by customer and profitability. You will also manage the production workforce working in Nowergup site during validation phase.
- Ensuring all Production meets the Health & Safety requirements of internal standards, customer specifications and Network Rail standards in Electrical shop, Bogie shop and Assembly line.
- Ensuring Quality, Cost and Delivery outcomes and implement Alstom Production System for promoting efficiencies.
- Proactive in identifying areas for improvement by personal check, analysis of trains incident reports and complaints, initiating action to ensure improvements.
- Setting up production facility and visual management in shop floor with Production Supervisors.
- Reviewing production progress in delay basis with Production Supervisors, Supply chain, Quality and planning to ensure daily production targets are met as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Managing and monitoring of all production employees, including workforce planning, succession planning, budgeting, training & competency, OHS & quality.
This role will be based in the Perth CBD initially and move to the new Bellevue facility in Jan 2021.
What you’ll bring to the team:
Culture and team fit are imperative for this role. We are looking for someone who has exceptional communication and leadership skills as well as the following:
- Mechanical Engineering, Industrial & System Engineering degree or relevant demonstrable experience.
- Significant experience in Manufacturing or maintenance operations and planning workloads effectively.
- Experience in Railway industry is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership & management experience of a high-volume workforce.
- Experience within a EBA site, Unions and Apprentices & trades.
- Agility, results oriented, team player, who leads by example.
We have a lot on offer for our employees and this is a very exciting time to be joining our project. This is a unique opportunity that is not to be missed.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups to apply. We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.