|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer maintains longstanding contracts and significant operations to over a quarter of New Zealanders. We are proud to be working on maintenance contracts across the lower South Island. We are currently growing our capability in larger water, and drainage construction works across the Southland region.
Due to on-going growth, we are seeking an experienced Three Waters Project Engineer to join us during this growth phase. This could be an exciting part of your career journey, being part of a results-driven, professional team.
About your role:
Working across the Southland Region as a Project Engineer your key responsibilities will include;
- Monitoring and updating project budgets and programmes
- Carry out planned construction activities in the three waters area, including development of projects from concept/pricing through to delivery and completion
- Effective and efficient daily management of work crews, plant, materials and subcontractors
- Having ownership of project delivery
- Developing and fostering strong relationships with staff, clients, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Create a safe working environment by nurturing a strong culture of Zero Harm
A bit about you:
You’ll be experienced working within a three waters environment with demonstrated Project Management skills and will bring with you;
- Qualification in a related discipline would be desired
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competent with basic MS Office programmes i.e. Excel, project etc.
- Proven knowledge of procedures and construction of Three Waters reticulation and treatment.
- Sound understanding of procurement and contract management including NZS3910:2013
- Traffic management, confined spaces and hazard awareness training would be favoured
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety initiatives
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 573083 to apply.
A role with the Downer Water Team can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.