|Location:||Karratha, Port Hedland, Tom Price|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2020 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have Permanent opportunities for Drill Technicians based out of our Tom Price branch.
Your responsibilities will include maintaining the fleet on site, liaising with the client to ensure effective communication and site operations, offering mechanical support to WesTrac and customer technicians and undertaking workshop-based machine service or repair as instructed by the customer, investigating and making recommendations to improve fleet performance at a site level.
You will also be required to complete diagnosis, repairs on the fleet, repairs and maintenance on machine electrical systems, offer technical support for the Caterpillar fleet.
Choose your own roster FIFO ex Perth
12 days on, 9 days off
14 days on, 7 days off
14 days on, 14 days off
At WesTrac we Live the Values and Lead by example everyday through actions, behaviours and decisions including compliance with WesTrac’s safety procedures, safe working practices and life- saving rules. We value excellent customer service
To be successful the following is required:
- Trade Qualified HD Plant Mechanic coupled with 2 years post trade experience
- Extensive product knowledge on surface mine drills
- Thorough understanding of electrical systems, schematics and proven diagnostics skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in an isolated and remote environment
- Ability to work and seek out work opportunities without continuous direct supervision
- Previous experience in the Mining industry
- Valid current drivers licence
- Have sound customer relations skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Requires excellent fault-finding skills
What we offer:
- Choose your own roster
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- Discounted CAT products
- Discounted health insurance
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates .