|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals, and we are currently seeking a Junior System Administrator.
The Junior Systems Administrator is responsible for making sure that Nearmap employees have the Infrastructure, ICT systems and support required to perform their duties. They are also responsible for aiding all Nearmap staff with their computer system requirements. This may be with hardware, software, mobile devices and systems. Reporting to the IT Manager they will maintain existing systems and implement new systems as required by the business as well as provide ongoing IT administration support to all Nearmap employees.
You have the luxury of bringing your own individual strengths to this role which will empower you to dive into the deep-end and do what is necessary to succeed. You will thrive in a flexible and diverse environment that craves leaders to improve the way things get done with a no-fear, can-do attitude.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this…
- Accountability for availability and uptime of corporate systems (e.g. routers, switches, phones, firewalls, cloud components, workstations, laptops etc.)
- Managing internal applications (e.g. AD, Office 365, Jira, Confluence, Zoom) including access management.
- Maintaining physical office infrastructure, including setup of workstations and desk moves.
- Adopting best security practices in line with NIST Cyber security framework (e.g. Surveillance, Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Detection, Event Logging, Application Monitoring and Reporting, Mobile Policies, Firewall Policies, etc)
- Maintaining accurate and detailed documentation of work instructions and internal procedures.
- Aiding the senior members of the team where needed.
- Responding to desktop support requests from employees face-to-face and remotely.
- Providing general support - 1st and 2nd level for IT systems.
- Using Nearmap standard IT tools to track work.
- Provisioning equipment, software and accounts for new employees.
- Managing on-boarding/off-boarding of employees in line with Nearmap’s Global IT policy, procedures and conduct formal regular access reviews.
- Investigating new systems and solutions for Nearmap to consider.
- Building and maintaining vendor relationships and managing the purchase and asset tracking of IT assets.
More about what you need to bring…
- 1+ years System Administration experience.
- Tertiary/Industry level qualifications.
- OS experience across - Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS.
- Exposure to scripting languages – Bash, Powershell.
- Office365, Active Directory - including Group Policy and administration experience.
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure deployment and management – AWS.
- Networking and firewall experience.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business.
- Strong awareness of Data Security.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Energetic, positive, highly self-motivated and directed.
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme.
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity.
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development.
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks.
- Fortnightly massages.
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products.
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views.
- An allowance to help you focus on your well-being.
If this experience excites you and you are ready to join the Nearmap family, please apply!
Watch our culture video below and find out more about what a day at Nearmap looks like!