|Job Type:||Full Time|
Incorporating five business streams, Downer Engineering offers comprehensive in-house engineering capability including civil, structural, chemical, mechanical and electrical expertise. Working with customers in mining operations for over 75 years, Mineral Technologies , a subsidiary of Downer, delivers innovative, cost effective process solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide.
Working within a collaborative and dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to be involved in a major multi-disciplined project developing high quality mining designs for mineral processing plant and equipment in the mineral sands and iron ore commodities. Due to an increasing portfolio of work in 2020, Downer is now seeking to appoint a National Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to work from our Gold Coast office. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be developing high quality designs and calculations for a Mineral Processing mechanical plant and equipment. This position will provide leadership for our mechanical engineering team and technical expertise on the mechanical requirements.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Lead an established team of mechanical engineers working on studies and detailed design projects for mineral sands and iron ore process plants;
- Manage team members in our Australian offices (in Perth, Adelaide and Carrara) including mentoring of young engineers, planning resourcing and allocation of project tasks;
- Delivering high quality engineering design outputs which are cost effective, fit for purpose and compliant with relevant specifications, client instructions, Australian Standards and other Statutory Requirements;
- Delivering best practice technical solutions in accordance with project scopes, budgets and timeframes;
- Interacting with suppliers to obtain bids and perform technical evaluations to develop work packages for equipment including performing technical evaluations of tenders;
- Working effectively and collaboratively within a multi-discipline team environment to deliver results within set timeframes and budgets;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (B.Eng Mech); Membership of Engineers Australia and CPEng or the ability to obtain this is essential;
- Demonstrated experience (10+ years) in a design focussed consulting, EPC or EPCM role, specifically in Minerals Processing in the mining and resources sectors;
- Strong design engineering experience in the minerals processing and/or material handling area;
- Experience with managing design teams for both single and multi-discipline projects;
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with an open and collaborative attitude;
- Awareness of industry safety systems, legislation codes and contractual documentation;
- Experience preparing work packages for mechanical equipment and confidence in performing technical evaluations of tenders;
- Sound understanding of material selection, material handling equipment selection for life cycle cost optimisation;
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting challenges with projects across the world.
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, however, applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.