|Job Type:||Full Time|
Incorporating five business streams, Downer Engineering offers comprehensive in-house engineering capability including civil, structural, chemical, mechanical and electrical expertise. Working with customers in mining operations for over 75 years, Mineral Technologies , a subsidiary of Downer, delivers innovative, cost effective process solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide.
Working within a collaborative and dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to be involved in major multi-disciplined projects developing high quality mining designs for mineral processing plant and equipment in the mineral sands and iron ore commodities. Due to an increasing portfolio of work in 2020, Downer is now seeking to appoint a National Lead Structural Design Engineer to work from our Gold Coast office. Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working collaboratively with a multi-discipline team, this position will provide leadership for our structural engineering team and technical engineering expertise on the structural requirements.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Lead an established team of structural engineers working on studies and detailed design projects for mineral sands and iron ore process plants;
- Manage team members including mentoring of young engineers, planning resourcing and allocation of project tasks;
- Delivery of structural designs for safe, sound and optimal performance to meet our clients’ engineering requirements and expectations;
- Providing engineering expertise to resolve or to make recommendations for the resolution of technical design problems;
- To ensure all structural engineering designs comply with Downer’s company policies, procedures and standards;
- To assist in preparation of engineering reports and preliminary specifications as well as provide technical input for tender preparation as required;
- Conformance to all company engineering Quality and Zero Harm systems and procedures;
- Effective management of Zero Harm procedures to ensure safe operations which comply with relevant industry safety legislation and standards.
- Work effectively and collaboratively within a multi-discipline team environment to deliver results within set timeframes and budgets;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (B.Eng Civil or Structural). Membership of Engineers Australia and CPEng or the ability to obtain this is essential;
- Demonstrated experience (10+ years) in a design focused consulting, EPC or EPCM role;
- Experience with industrial/mineral plant design will be highly regarded;
- Strong structural analysis skills using SpaceGass and Finite Element Modelling (e.g. Strand 7);
- Condition assessment and reporting experience;
- Failure/distress analysis of existing structures;
- Sound understanding of other engineering disciplines and how they inter-relate;
- A confident communicator with the ability to interpret and translate technical information as required;
- Well organised with a track-record in meeting timeframes and working within budgets;
- Ability to use computer packages for design, project planning, reporting and presentation;
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and be self-driven to meet project expectations and targets
- Excellent written communication skills, along with an open and collaborative attitude;
- Awareness of industry safety systems, legislation codes and contractual documentation;
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical smart designs through innovation and collaboration
- The ability to work on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and exciting challenges with projects across the world.
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, however, applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.