|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Team
Woolworths Supply Chain is undergoing a transformation through the launch of Connect Smart, a new technology vision to support our growing Primary Connect business. The Connect Smart ecosystem will power Primary Connect to unleash tomorrow’s technology solutions today and become a growth engine to accelerate our market position in the coming years. We will create customer-driven solutions for an industry-leading Supply Chain experience that will differentiate us from our competitors, and create long term partnerships
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Connect Smart Functional Architecture, the primary purpose of this role is to lead by example by performing the role of the Design Owner for UX, by owning the UX design elements of all Supply Chain applications within the Woolworths Group.
UX Design Leads will be a mix of senior User Interface Designer, senior Feature Expert, senior Business Analyst and multi-domain Subject Matter Expert, specialising in the Supply Chain domain. This role is responsible for delivering on and maintaining an end to end unified, sleek, customer-centric, full of wow factors, user experience for all Supply Chain applications to orchestrate business processes delivered through evolved agile methodologies.
This role has 4 main competencies:
- Business Analysis - Derive system/technology agnostic requirements based on customer and business needs.
- Product Ownership - Working with the business and technology areas of the business to prioritise initiatives.
- Functional Solution Design - Apply a customer/business functional architecture input to technical solutions.
- UX Design - Define the UX design for systems, process and data in the solution design process.
Key Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to;
- Design solutions for new functionality, in accordance with overall architectural guidelines.
- Develop a clear release cadence to capture, prioritise and execute releases encompassing enhancement requests, version updates, infrastructure updates and fixes.
- Carry out clear roles and responsibilities in managing the testing, execution and post-implementation review of releases.
- Support business stakeholders in translating their business objectives into UX design outcomes.
- Pressure testing business requirements from a UX perspective and designing with simplicity in mind.
- Manage the definition of the overall UX within the Supply Chain domain and UX integration with other areas of the organisation.
- Review, communicate and contribute targets based on Service Level Agreements for applications and infrastructure based services.
- Contributes to the evolution and lift in quality of architectural documentation practices with respect to UX.
- Contribute UX elements to the mapping of Business process, to business requirement, to functional design element, to solution design element, and then to technical outcome within the architectural repository.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience;
- Experience in developing, administering, contributing and evolving UX consulting practices within an organisation.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a UX/UI, customer-centric design role, preferably working in an agile tribal team environment.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an IT application functional consulting, business analyst, or subject matter expert or related role.
- A detailed understanding of supply chain practices, and processes.
- Detailed knowledge of at least one of the following: JDA/Blue Yonder WMS and TMS, SAP Supply Chain modules, Manhattan Associates Warehouse management, or related supply chain applications.
- Dedication to drive innovation, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technology evolution, and how it can be applied in a Supply Chain context.
- Experience with or exposure to supply chain, transport, freight, retail or manufacturing industry and direct experience with a major automation supplier, e.g Vanderlande (automation), Dematic, Schaeffer, Swisslog or Witron would also be highly regarded.
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of the requirements (but not all), we encourage you to submit your application. #Work180
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You