|Location:||Wingecarribee Shire Council|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral has approximately 17,000 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries.
Boral Cement is currently seeking an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer to join their team in Berrima. As the Principal Electrical Engineer you will primarily be accountable for investigating, designing, evaluating and controlling engineering projects and costs.
This is a key leadership role within the Boral Cement Engineering Services Team which will also see a need to in the mid term oversee and develop a small team of Engineers, comprised of employees and contractors.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents;
- Pre-qualification of Suppliers and evaluation of technical tenders;
- Project management for studies and investments focused on design aspects for small scope projects;
- Cost estimation and control of electrical Projects;
- Co-ordination of technical resources up to project handover;
- Layout drawings for Cement Plant workshops and ensure conformity with Boral environmental standard;
- Design of transport equipment for material handling;
- Logistics concepts for transport, storage and production;
- Assessment and approval of drawings from internal and external sources;
- Site investigation - definition of necessary measures in co-ordination with a nominated plant responsible for process requirements;
- Site electrical investigations and reporting;
- Electrical Project Implementation including Site Supervision of contractors;
- Site electrical compliance audits;
- Ensure the provision of a safe working environment in accordance with Boral’s WH&S guidelines.
The following skills, qualifications, experience and competencies are required:
- Degree qualified Electrical Engineer;
- 10+ years post graduate or trade work on heavy industrial sites;
- Knowledge of process equipment, handling systems and operating conditions;
- Experience in design of industrial investment projects;
- Experience in material handling;
- General knowledge of equipment/service costs;
- Experience with typical design problems of old equipment;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise contractors engaged in electrical installation work;
- Ability to troubleshoot and commission industrial electrical projects, resolve engineering issues and provide electrical technical support to others;
- Exposure and knowledge of PLC and SCADA implementation design;
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Knowledge of High Voltage is also desirable
On offer will be a challenging and exciting career with a construction industry leader that provides genuine career growth opportunities. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of our employees. At Boral Cement, we are proud of our diverse identity and inclusive culture. We encourage female participation and generational equality in our teams.
If you are interested in this role please press APPLY or visit http://careers.boral.com.au