|Job Type:||Full Time|
Service Analyst - IT Service Continuity (NSW)
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference
- Permanent full time role
- Sydney based
As Australia's biggest retail group, Woolworths Limited, has the most trusted food, liquor and general merchandise brands. Woolworths IT delivers technology solutions to our organisation by providing the right innovative technology that works. Within Woolworths IT, we currently have programs of work running to implement leading edge solutions to accelerate business growth as well as change the way we work and deliver services to our internal and external customers.
In this exciting role, the Senior Systems Continuity Analyst owns the Service Continuity Practice for Group IT. The role will facilitate business and IT continuity testing to reduce risks that could seriously impact customer-facing and business services.
The role works with Domain and Service Owners and IT teams to manage the forward test schedule to validate the disaster recovery preparedness and the overall service availability.
The role will collaborate independently with the business managers, business continuity coordinators and infrastructure teams to identify the operations, processes, and technologies required in building and maintaining optimal recovery plans.
The Service Continuity Senior Analyst is accountable for responding rapidly and proactively to bring standard service testing cycles across all Group IT Domains. At Woolworths, customer and store focus is paramount with attention to detail, timeliness of responses, and professionalism being the key focus areas for this role.
In this role, key responsibilities will be:
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks, which have competing demands
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the process
- Partner with Group IT Domain leads build collaborative relationships
- Build strong relationships with the Domain management teams, Service Owners, Service Managers, Service Operation teams and the Vendors.
- Working in collaboration with other groups to ensure critical service readiness
- Provide SME support for large projects (validation and testing, reviewing requirements etc)
- Remediation and resolution of any discrepancies and validation of the integrity of information provided by other IT support groups or Service Providers.
- Provide inputs to other Service Management areas to assist with day to day operations of the Service Management teams.
- Develop reports on a monthly basis that feeds into the DR Steering Committee and Domain quarterly reports
- Develop practice efficiencies to reduce the overhead of DR testing cycles
- Liaising with Service Providers and other IT Support teams as necessary.
- Adhere to Woolworths Policy, processes and procedures
- Regularly audit of Service Continuity Operational Effectiveness
- Ensure any BAU risks and issues are reported and managed through a risk management process.
- Tasks completed as assigned by the Portfolio Manager.
- Accountable for work assignments associated with, but not exclusive to the overall Group IT testing practice
- Chair Communities of Practice as required
- Ensure performance review cycles are managed as per timelines
Who we’re looking for
The suitable candidate will have:
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of the ITIL foundation framework, specifically Configuration management processes. (ITIL Foundation v3 Certification desirable)
- Minimum 5 years Service Continuity / Disaster Recovery experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience managing a team of analysts.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with senior stakeholders.
- Retail industry experience highly desirable in being able to understand the Woolworths Stores environments eg Supermarkets, BIG W, Dan Murphys etc
- Strong data analysis skills
- Intermediate level using Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience using ServiceNow
- Effective collaboration and communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders, peers, managers, and customers.
- Ability to identify value added opportunities or improvements and communicate these in an effective manner
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain complete and accurate systems of record
- Ability to understand medium complexity tasks and communicate with peers, customers and suppliers
- Must be able to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility in managing multiple priorities
- Must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to managing heavy workloads where additional time/effort is required beyond the standard working day.
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + bonus+Tool of trade vehicle
- Opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will support you to thrive
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of one of the most exciting journeys in Australian retail, apply now!
We value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
We’re also social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn #LI, Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au #work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. This role is also open to applicants who are seeking part-time or flexible working arrangements.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.