|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Role can either be based from our Brisbane or Sydney Offices
- Suits an experienced finance professional with experience in AML/CTF who also has an understanding of KYC requirements
About the Role
The BoQ Financial Crime Risk department are currently seeking to appoint a Client Lifecycle QA Analyst. The successful candidate will be joining the Customer Life‐Cycle team which performs KYC checks on new and existing customers to fulfil BOQ Groups regulatory requirements in Australia and New Zealand.
As a Customer Life‐Cycle QA Analyst you will support the BoQ Group in the handling of first line on‐boarding and ongoing AML/CTF responsibilities in the completion, review and maintenance of various activities including:
- Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and efficient completion of quality check on high risk customer cases and maintaining client files in line with the bank’s AML program.
- Act as subject matter expert in providing advice and guidance to internal stakeholders to complete KYC activities during the lifecycle of the customer
- Partner with the Client Lifecycle Analyst teams to improve KYC standards. Support and contribute towards a continuous improvement program of QA testing results, asses root causes and thematic issues proposing steps to be taken to eliminate, evidencing improvements.
- Identify issues within the KYC documentation and confirm issues have been remediated and/or appropriately escalated through the escalation process.
- Sustain to a culture of teamwork and collective achievement of departmental goals and objectives across Financial Crime Risk Unit.
- Implementation and maintenance of MI reporting in order to evaluate the operational production of the QA team, reflecting the number of files reviewed and the number of files failed on a weekly, monthly and year-to-date basis.
- Assisting senior management with ongoing maintenance of relevant policies, Desktop procedures, guidance and checklists
Ideally, you will have current experience in AML/CTF roles as well as experience in assuring regulatory compliance, where you will demonstrate:
- Exceptional customer service, with client focus in all aspects of work
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to apply sound judgement
- Strong analytical mindset and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to forge strong working relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and achieve objectives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and ability to rapidly acquire proficiency across various internal systems
- An understanding of the AML/CTF Act, in particular KYC requirements is desirable
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and formal training in AML/CTF is highly desirable
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community. We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.