|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking Senior Environmental Advisors to join us on various rail and infrastructure projects across Sydney. As a Senior Environmental Advisor, you will drive project environmental performance, promote sustainability initiatives and provide coaching to Supervisors and Managers on site, whilst ensuring compliance with Laing O'Rourke's processes and procedures. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise.
- Liaise with project management, client representatives and government agencies to develop solutions and strategies to achieve project and business goals
- Champion environmental licensing and planning approval interpretation, application and compliance
- Conduct environmental inspections/audits
- Assist in the development of strategies to mitigate identified risks
- Relevant tertiary qualification, a Bachelor of Environmental Science or other related fields
- Extensive experience on large infrastructure or rail projects
- Detailed knowledge of environmental and construction legislation and industry practices
- Experience in leading investigations
- Experience with planning & approvals would beneficial
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.