|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Based in Maddington, Perth - relocation package available
- Leadership role with an industry leader
- ASX Listed company
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
Reporting to General Manager Pavements, the key role of Manager, Asphalt WA will be directly responsible for leading the West Australian operations and being a key player in achieving objectives around Zero Harm, Performance, Growth and Quality. You will possess the energy and drive to identify business development and improvement opportunities for the State and continue to build on Downer’s success in the delivery of asphalt production and contracting .
You will strategically put in place planning and delivery strategies covering all aspects of the business with a goal to meet and exceed Zero Harm and commercial targets through streamlined performance, innovation and growth through quality leadership.
- Ideally, you will have qualifications in Civil Engineering, Construction Management , Business or a related discipline
- Proven experience at a business management level including strategic planning and performance as well as financial reporting with an understanding of business profit and loss drivers
- Well-developed leadership skills with the ability to motivate and mentor as well as foster positive work environments
- A demonstrable understanding of project delivery with oversight of contract performance
- Ability to identify and analyse changing trends and opportunities relevant to the business
- Astute in negotiation & problem-solving
- Built a reputation on trust by delivering on promises with excellence while focusing on safety, value for money and efficiency
- A natural relationship builder who collaborates to build and sustain enduring relationships
- Proficient computer skills with high competence in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
What We Offer:
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Helen.email@example.com or phone on 0409 072 562.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.