|Job Type:||Part Time|
About the opportunity
Exciting opportunities exist for Support Workers located in the Port Stephens area .
Reporting directly to the Team Leader for that region, you will be responsible for providing person centred support to older people.
Shifts are available between 7am – 7pm Monday to Sunday.
Key responsibilities for a Support Worker may include:
- Supervise or assist with daily hygiene such as toileting, showering or bathing
- Provide assistance and support to the client with medication management
- Mobility support to the client such as assistance with sitting, standing, getting in or out of bed or a vehicle with the use of mechanical aids
- Undertaking of domestic work, including but not limited to cleaning, washing and meal preparation
- Social support & transportation
Qualifications for a Support Worker
- A completed Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent qualification
- Current Australian driver’s licence and access to your own comprehensive insured vehicle
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Completed Module HLTHPS006 Provide Physical assistance with medication (desired)
- Previous experience within an Aged Care or Community Care environment (desirable)
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate .
We offer our staff:
- Salary Packaging Benefit, $15900 tax free allowance per year
- Paid time and per kilometre travel entitlement
- Ongoing training & development
- Career progression opportunities
Click on the link below to apply.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Checks