Last updated 23 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
You will be part of our dedicated and passionate Go-To-Market Team who are focused on nurturing and challenging our accounting partner base to help them achieve a very high level of success in their partnership with Xero and beyond.
We do this by building great relationships with new partner firms as they join the Xero family and help existing partner firms migrate more of their clients onto Xero and then thrive through effective use of the Xero platform and our wider ecosystem. A large part of this transition is helping partners develop an advisory online strategy and delivering events locally to recruit, educate and grow the Xero Partner channel.
What we’re looking for:
A Wellington based Consultant who will work closely within our South Island and Lower North Island pod to support our existing accounting partners with a focus on increasing knowledge and business advisory support. This role is responsible for enabling our partners, and their customers, to get the most value out of the Xero platform with a strong focus on helping our partners to succeed in their journey into advisory practice. You will have a very strong knowledge of Xero and will be seen as their trusted advisor when making decisions on how to most efficiently set up their processes and client engagement models.
You will quickly build strong relationships and possess a solid accounting acumen and you may have operated within a small business or accounting practice previously with some knowledge of how accounting practices operate and what makes them tick. You’ll know how to successfully drive outcomes within an accounting firm and may have some business advisory or App advisory experience.
What you’ll do:
- Execute the strategy to help our partners succeed in the next step in their Xero advisory journey by leveraging Xero products and Xero app market products
- Create meaningful discussions with our Xero partners around how they can best advise their clients and contribute to their client’s ongoing success and growth
- Work creatively and cohesively in a “pod” style environment with a mix of technical and seasoned sales people whilst maintaining autonomy
- Drive increased monthly recurring revenue through activation of adjacents and upgrades
- Compile feedback and learnings from partners and deliver through appropriate channels across the business
- Implementation of the move to the cloud strategy developed in conjunction with Senior Account Manager
- Engage in regular meetings with sales staff to agree sales and project priorities
- Leverage the knowledge of other teams and liaise with the Go-To-Market champions such as marketing and education
- Respond on the go to day-to-day technical queries from partners with timely and comprehensive solutions, whilst maintaining SalesForce with all client touch points
- Host one to many webinars to deliver engaging training sessions to educate partners
- Work with Partners to help their clients thrive through effective use of the Xero platform and our wider Xero Apps
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years experience in accounting practice, ideally client facing in Business Advisory
- A deep understanding of accounting and what drives a successful advisory practice
- Accounting software knowledge preferably SaaS, and Xero (Xero Certified)
- Project management and change management experience
- Experience with training and presentation in one to one and one to many environments
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and build beautiful relationships
Xero is an inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. Where creativity, innovation and continuous learning are encouraged and celebrated. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe or a workplace which understands your family, sport or a side gig is the priority or something in between - Xero can be all of that and more.
We're a huge part of the small business community and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences and hosting meetups. We're really open in our discussions at Xero, from the latest product management thinking to diversity and inclusion.
At Xero, we trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your desire for learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish. The role is based within our global central Wellington HQ and as part of our awesome package you’ll receive a competitive base, achievable commission, Xero shares and Life Insurance as well as a variety of other perks to make your time here that much more fun. Necessary tools of the trade are provided too. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks so join us and experience our difference.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.